Saturday, September 15, 2012

Real Foodeas: Lime-Avocado Broccoli Slaw

Real Food Ideas. Get it?

I am often asked for recipes of the food I post on Instagram and Facebook, so I decided to start posting them here to give you ideas for your own meals!

I made this "salad" yesterday on a whim and it was so good I had it again today for lunch. Feel free to get creative with it and add in other vegetables like cucumbers and celery!



The base of this slaw is shaved carrots and broccoli. I found this great organic mix at Whole Foods:


What you need: (use organic whenever possible)

  • Organic broccoli slaw (you can make this on your own too, it's just shaved carrots and shaved broccoli)
  • 1/2 avocado
  • Red onion
  • 2-3 tsp lime juice (depending on how lime-y you like it)
  • Handful of cilantro
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1tsp apple cider vinegar
  • Himalayan pink salt 
  • Cracked pepper
  1. Put 1/2 avocado, lime juice (I used 3 tsp, but I like it extra lime-y), cilantro, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dash of salt and pepper into blender (I used my silver bullet), blend until fully mixed.
  2. Chop up the red onion (the amount you need depends on how much broccoli and carrots you use for your slaw- just eye it.) 
  3. Mix the red onion with the broccoli and carrots 
  4. Pour the lime avocado dressing over the slaw and mix
  5. Can be eaten immediately or put in the fridge to be eaten later. It tastes great when all the ingredients sit for a bit!

Enjoy!

Courtney




No comments:

Post a Comment