Saturday, December 22, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana-Protein "Fro-Yo"


I made this delicious banana fro-yo after getting back from my morning run. It's very filling and full of vegan plant-based protein, electrolytes and potassium to help build and repair those muscles! and it tastes like peanut butter frozen yogurt yuuummm!

Here is what you need:

  • Good quality Coconut Water (such as Harmless Harvest raw; NO Zico! yuck)
  • 1-2 tbsp Peanut Butter **
  • 1 scoop of protein powder (I use Sun Warrior's plant-based Warrior Blend in Vanilla)
  • Granola 
  • 1 FROZEN banana (make sure you un-peel before putting in the freezer!)

Throw your frozen banana, peanut butter, protein powder and coconut water in the blender. Start out with a small amount of coconut water and try blending first. Then add more as you need. You don't want too much coconut water or the mixture will become too runny to eat with a spoon! You want the perfect fro-yo consistency. Pour into a bowl and top with your favorite granola! (I like Kind granola because it's low in sugar, high in fiber & non-GMO). I also like to throw a tbsp of chia seeds on top for added fiber and omega 3s.

** on this particular day I used Organic Powdered Peanut Butter, but I do not recommend using this peanut butter all the time. Its great for when you want that peanut butter taste and not all the extra calories, but I cannot stress enough how good the fats from peanuts/almonds/etc are for you. I also only recommend this one brand of powdered peanut butter. The rest of them are full of fillers and crap. You are better off eating real peanut butter.

I hope you enjoy! 
Courtney


No comments:

Post a Comment