Sunday, April 21, 2013

Courtney's Mocha Latte

I am a self proclaimed coffee-aholic which I believe to be okay because when coffee is not flooded with cream and sugar it is actually really good for you! It is very high in antioxidants which help beat the harmful effects of cell-damaging free radicals. This means coffee may actually help protect you from cancer and other diseases like diabetes 2! I always try to drink organic coffee because commercial coffee beans are sprayed with pesticides and other chemicals that can actually counteract those antioxidants.

So I was really craving chocolate yesterday but I hate coffee shop mochas because they always load them with sugar, so I went to my kitchen and played around with ingredients in my pantry and came up with this stevia-sweetened mocha! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!



Courtney's Mocha Latte

  • 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp cacao powder
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 4 oz cold coffee
  • 4 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2-1 packet of stevia (I always start out with less & add more if needed)

Mix the cocoa & cacao powder with stevia and a tiny bit of hot water to melt the stevia and chocolate. Pour in the vanilla extract along with the coffee and almond milk. Stir and serve over ice!

I'm drinking mine as I type this. *cheers*

Courtney


No comments:

Post a Comment