Monday, May 5, 2014

Happy Cinco de Margarito!


It may seem crazy to be promoting drinking margaritas on a health food blog, but I believe that mental health is just as important and sometimes I just need a dang margarita for my sanity.

The problem is, store bought margarita mixes are loaded with sugar (or artificial sugar if you are buying the sugar free ones), artificial colors (that are known carcinogens!) and other nasty, chemical preservatives. This is why I just opt to make my own. These are SO easy to make and are beyond this world delicious. They took me all of about 2 minutes to whip up and serve.

I haven't even told you the best part yet! They don't contain ANY added sugar! Only the sugar naturally occuring in fruit. AND! The electrolytes in the coconut water will help prevent a hangover the next day. I'm always looking out for you guys. Unless of course if you drink 5768 of these, in which case I can't help you there. No one can...




Courtney's Pineapple Margaritas


  • 1/2 liter Coconut Water (I prefer Harmless Harvest Raw Coconut Water)
  • 1/2 bag Organic Frozen Pineapple (you can use regular but I like it frozen to make the drinks extra cold)
  • 3-4 Limes
  • Tequila (duh)
Throw all the ingredients in the blender with ice and blend until smooth. I have a Vitamix and just peel my limes and throw the whole lime in there. You can do this if you have a Vitamix or a high powered blender, otherwise I would recommend juicing the limes first. Feel free to mess around with the measurements as they are not exact. I always just eyeball my measurements and then add more if I need to.
Enjoy!!

6 comments:

  1. Love this! I made my own margaritas last night, but they didn't blend very well :(
    lexi @ thelittlebrunette.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this and would try this at home. This is just refreshing and healthier thing to do. Thanks for sharing this beautiful information with us. Its really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks really refreshing, I wanted to make it so bad that I bought Margarito shaker from Amazon for the gift card I got from Click here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. jili slot เป็นผู้ให้บริการเกมคาสิโนออนไลน์และก็สล็อตออนไลน์ มีเกมสนุกสนานๆให้เลือกเล่นมาก สามารถเข้าไปเล่น jili slot เล่นผ่านเว็บไซต์ของพวกเราได้เลย ที่เว็บไซต์ pgslot

    ReplyDelete
  6. UFADEAL เว็บของพวกเราแจกจริงไม่ต้องฝาก ไม่ต้องแชร์  รับกันได้แบบฟรีๆ เพราะว่ามันเป็นสิ่งที่ช่วยทำให้คุณทำเงินได้ แบบเต็มๆเล่นได้ทุกเกมถอนได้จริงต้อง พีจีสล็อต เว็บนี้เท่านั้น

    ReplyDelete