Friday, January 11, 2013

RealFoodeas: Vegan Cookie Dough Batter "Ice Cream"


The first time I made this I was shocked at how much it tastes like cookie dough. It tastes like you are eating frozen cookie dough straight from the mixing bowl! But don't just take my word for it, see for yourself! The best part is that there is no added sugars, just banana, except for the minimal amount in the chocolate chips. I promise you won't even miss your beloved sugar.

This is the recipe for a single serving. 

What You Need (use all organic when you can!)
  • Splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • Frozen ripe bananas* (about 1.5)
  • Maple extract (half of 1/4 tsp)
  • Vanilla extract (half of 1/4 tsp)
  • Coconut butter* (1/4 tsp)
  • Baking soda (just a dash)
  • Dark Chocolate chips 
Throw all in blender except chocolate chips. Blend until smooth. Then top with chocolate chips!

*Whenever I have a banana that goes a little too ripe I unpeel it and throw it in the freezer. That way I always have frozen bananas on hand for this ice cream or to throw in smoothies!
*This is the coconut butter:



Let me know if you make it and how you like it!
Courtney





2 comments:

  1. I made some this evening. It was fantastic! Thank you so much for the recipe! It's so creative and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you liked it! Thanks for sharing with me :)

      Delete