Thursday, January 17, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday! (1/16/13)

I had my breakfast this morning as I was getting ready for class. I toasted a chia waffle and spread a tablespoon of organic peanut butter on it and then topped it off with a sliced banana. (I ended up eating another plain waffle because I was still hungry! story of my life...) This breakfast is really easy for when you are in a hurry! (you can see the chia waffles I eat in my last Wed post)


Lunch was a wrap with avocado, lettuce, shredded carrots & broccoli, himalayan pink salt, pepper and organic chicken on my favorite brown rice tortillas. It was so good! (I used all organic ingredients of course).


Then I snacked on some organic nuts and goji berries during class.


After class my friend Katie and I went to Juicebox and I got a smoothie made with kale, pineapple, banana, mango, parsley, spinach, cucumber and spirulina. My own "Courtney-fied" take on their tropicalia smoothie :)

When I got home from class I had a few of these cookies and a spoonful of peanut butter while I watched an episode of Shameless. (I just started it today...any of you watch it??)


My dinner was so delicious, I really am sorry I didn't get a better picture of it. I made an organic salad with shredded broccoli, shredded carrots and green apple. and my quinoa spaghetti! I don't eat much pasta these days (since going gluten free I haven't craved it much. Yes I know there is brown rice pasta but I really love my quinoa). I steamed some kale, red and green peppers and peas, added them to my favorite pizza/pasta sauce and put it all over a bowl of quinoa. Then topped it with organic raw cheddar. It was so good, I highly recommend making it yourself!


Later in the evening I was hungry so I snacked on a few of these crackers.



Lots more snacking than usual today, I was extra hungry after my run! Well, until next Wednesday!
Courtney





No comments:

Post a Comment